Cloud computing is a on-demand delivery service of computer power, application , server and other IT resources through cloud service platform via Internet .
The main concept behind cloud service is that you get instant computer resources according to your requirement and you have to pay for it as you use it .
Types of cloud computing Services –
cloud computing services are categorized into three types –
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
Infrastructure as a Service provides services like server , storage , operating system and many more related to infrastructure .
In Platform as a Service , you can use cloud as a platform which includes develop, run, and manage applications without the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure .
Software as a Service makes the users to connect a applications through Internet on a subscription basis. In Software as a service third-party provider hosts their applications and makes them available to customers over the Internet.
Read other :- How to install VMware ESXi
Top cloud computing services provider :-
There are some list of top cloud services provider –
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Red Hat
- Oracle Cloud
Uses of cloud computing :-
Now a days , there are many companies from small startup to big multinational company uses cloud .
Cloud service provider owns and maintains the network-connected hardware required for application services, while you provision and use what you need via a web application.
Here are few of the things that you can do with the cloud:-
- Create new apps and services
- Host websites and blogs
- Create new apps and services
- Store, back up and recover data
- Analyse data for patterns and make predictions
- Deliver software on demand
- Stream audio and video
Types of cloud deployments: –
There are three types of cloud deployments –
Public cloud – In public cloud, all hardware, software and other supporting infrastructure is owned and managed by the cloud provider. You access these services and manage your account using a web browser.
Private cloud – A private cloud is one in which the services and infrastructure are maintained on a private network. It is physically located on the company’s on-site datacenter.
Hybrid cloud – Hybrid clouds combine public and private clouds with the help of technology that allows data and applications can be shared between them . By allowing data and applications to move between private and public clouds, hybrid cloud gives businesses greater flexibility and more deployment options.
Benefits of Cloud Computing –
- capacity – You can access as much or as little as you need, and scale up and down as required with only a few minutes notice.
- Cost –Cloud computing eliminates the capital expense of buying hardware and software and setting up and running on-site datacenters
- Go global in minutes – Easily deploy your application in multiple regions around the world with just a few clicks.
- Productivity – On-site datacenters typically require a lot of racking and hardware set up, software patching and other time-consuming IT management . Cloud computing removes the need for many of these tasks, so IT teams can spend time on achieving more important business goals.